Friday, August 25, 2006

Health and Safety, You See

Iain Dale's Diary: Health and Safety, You See: "Yesterday I visited ITN in Grays Inn Road. When I entered the building I was asked if I minded having my bag searched. No problem, I said. It's a large briefcase type bag, which has a lot of pockets and carries my laptop. I undid the two clasps and expected the man to have a good 'rootle' (as we say in Essex) but he just stood there and looked inside - not that he could see much as it was crammed full. I asked him if he wasn't going to search the bag. Oh no, he said. He couldn't put his hands inside - health and safety, you see. And then came the clincher. 'You never know what might be in there!' There's not a lot you can say to that, is there?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on - say it