Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Roman Thought: Health and safety madness

A Roman Thought: Health and safety madness: "I took a flight back to the UK last weekend. From the moment I stepped off the plane at Bristol airport I found I was experiencing culture shock. In my own country. The first thing I saw, literally as I stepped off the tarmac, was a flight of stairs and in front of it a large yellow 'warning' cone. The cone was emitting a robotic voice, which warned, 'Please remember to mind the stairs'. I could see the stairs, they were there in front of me. I assume that had I been lame, blind or partially sighted, the airport would have provided someone to help me down them. But no, this cone appeared to be there purely in case an able-bodied passenger forgot to 'mind' them, and subsequently sued Bristol Airport for failing to remind them to pay attention."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on - say it